The responsibilities for the ombudsman for children include
– Monitor the welfare of children and youth and the implementation of their rights;
– Influence decision-makers from the viewpoint of children;
– Maintain contacts with children and youth and convey information received from them to decision-makers;
– Convey information concerning children to professionals working with children, decision makers and the public;
– Develop cooperation between actors concerned with child policy;
– Promote the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.